Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pre Spiral

Ooooh the pressure to deliver every weekend, balance out the personal, the professional and the rant, is something that I have not been used to. Earlier the professional used to mix with the personal and the personal somehow managed to find its way in the professional. The decision to try and keep the two apart was a sound one but now the juggle has started and for some reason time these days just isn’t enough, when you’re having fun…

Hello my beer guzzling buddies…hope all is well and that discovery is what you are yearning for and a Bar is what you are screaming for. Another Wednesday is upon us and we shall not put ourselves in a predicament or in front of the idiot box to make us believe that this is life. Damn the philosophy is coming out and I haven’t had a drop yet.

But as is the custom, before we sort of venture into where our next adventure is going to be. I take this opportunity to say what I have to say without having anybody cutting me short or trying to prove me wrong.

I’ve been getting a lot of reviews on the style of writing and though people have been appreciative of the attempt and the humour, what hasn’t gone down very well with people has been the length of the whole read. Now a lot of people would agree with me that size does matter, and not too many people are proud of small bits that don’t get you excited. But yeah I know sometimes too big is too bad and can be a pain is what some say, and I can imagine that it can be butt boring (all puns intentionally intended). So will try to limit what I have to say and get straight to the point, if at all there is any point.

There have been a lot of requests to pepper the whole thing with pictures and show people who Dwight is and is he really that super and dashing as I claim him to be. Well like I earlier I may not be a very good juggler of the various aspects to my life, but the pictures will be up sooner rather than later. But keeping all these things aside, its time to pursue the other and more pressing issues at hand.

Now in the past, the attendance though low has never been dismal and people always seemed to be walking out happy and not in a straight line. But yes it is true that the faces have been the same. We tried sticking to the city centre side of town to attract a bigger attendance, but it seems that side of town does not necessarily bring out our people at or after 9 pm. So for today the idea is to be closer to home and check out a bar in Barsha. Some founder members may find it hard to make a trip out here but if you do your efforts are certainly appreciated. A little birdy with a survey chart is predicting that by me shifting to this side of town will see popularity surge upwards, may even attract the opposite sex and might even see me become a star. The question is how much should I listen to this birdy. Well am thinking that I have nothing to lose, so will go with the bird who is forecasting some chicks tonight.

Now what is the place that we will be gracing tonight? Well a small search and minus any sort of good reviews but banking on one dimly lit pic, and the idea of adventure, the choice by my sole popular vote is SPIRALS. Now this is what I know and have found out about the place. It is located in the Grandeur Hotel in Al Barsha, very close to the Lulu Hyper Market. One review claims that this place has the biggest concentration of spiral furniture in the city and that it’s a good place for a game of pool and for sports. Well that sounds just fine for me and I hope it does for the rest of the attendees. As usual we will try to get there by 9 pm. Dwight will be present too and am not too sure about who else is going to make it, but as always you can be guaranteed a discovery and a good time.

Well I have restrained myself this time round, but the question is how long will I be able to keep the monster of words within me? We’ll have to wait and see…

And yes before I forget do make sure that all you people get yourself down to the HopFest at the Aviation club starting this weekend. It is going to be a blast, with beer from all over the world, people from all over the world, bands, food and drunks. You don’t want to miss it. I personally will be there on Friday with a huge bunch of people I may not remember and refuse to recognize after a couple of swigs, but if you do see me in the crowd, stick your hand up in the air, wave it like you just don’t care…and say the Beerman was here….

Cheers

The Beerman

No comments:

Post a Comment